What's a movie theory that you hate?


I absolutely hate the Karate Kid theory that Daniel was the real villain, and he kept bothering Johnny unprovoked. I watched the movie for the first time the other day, so I haven't seen any of the sequels or Cobra Kai, which from what I understand paints Johnny in a more sympathetic light. Going off just The Karate Kid, though, Johnny is clearly the villain. He's a jerk who can't handle the fact that his ex-girlfriend has moved on from him and starts the whole feud with Daniel, her current love interest and proceeds to torment him. People bring up the scene where Daniel gets Johnny wet in the restroom as bothering Johnny unprovoked, but honestly, if someone keeps bothering you, you have every right to get your revenge even if they aren't doing anything at that moment. I hate this theory so much because it's like people did not actually watch the movie, and it also reminds of when bullies in school would be verbally and even physically abusive towards me, and they'd tell the teacher whenever I called them a name or lightly pushed them. I've read that this theory was a joke, but I honestly think it's a joke that people have actually started to believe. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2DOCt2S
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts