I stopped watching trailers years ago and I'll never go back.


Back when the new star wars trilogy started coming out i realized how much of a movie was spoiled for me by a trailer. I felt like if was ready for any twist or punchline that was in the trailer, a lot of dramatic tension seemed to be ruined by recognizing the setup of certain scenes that were already public.I wont watch a trailer now if I can help it. If a movie seems like it might interest me I dive right in. Going into a new movie blind is my favorite way to go. I have no idea what to expect and every scene is a surprise.I know it's a bit excessive but usually Ill bring headphones and play quiet music with my hat pulled low when i go to a theatre now for the trailers. Most of my movie friends enjoy them so they'll just give me a tap when it's time to start the show. To me a trailer feels like peeking on your presents before christmas, it just kinda spoils the fun.Don't get me wrong, to each their own, i know plenty of people adore trailers. I just wanted to share my thoughts on the matter. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2DpNkjw
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts