Do you really care if a movie is “Oscar-bait?”


Genuine question. I always hear people when talking about certain movies describe them as “total Oscar-bait” or “Oh Hollywood is gonna love this one”, but does it ever actually account into your enjoyment of the movie. It could just be me because I don’t think the Oscars mean anything significant (of course awards are meaningful but come on, it’s just another awards ceremony), but I couldn’t really care less if a movie was trying to blatantly get some oscars. For example, The Post is a really good movie but of course some people have to say: “Hanks, Streep, Spielberg, political drama... it’s just Spielberg trying to win some oscars”. But to me, is that really even a criticism?How do you feel on “Oscar-baity” movies? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3kkSVbE
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts