Guy Ritchie needs to go back to his early work (Snatch and Lock, Stock).


I like many people saw Aladdin last weekend despite low expectations of the film. Most people were pleasantly surprised but I found it underwhelming and flat out bad at moments. I've seen a few of Guy Ritchie's recent films (Man from U.N.C.L.E. and King Arthur) and have had mixed to bad responses to them.Curious as to why he gained such a following and fame as a director I sought out and watched his first 2 films Lock, Stock and Snatch. I was highly impressed, especially given how old they are now. They script, editing, and direction were fantastic. His ability to tell wildly complicated and dense stories with multiple domino effects occuring at once was great and something I haven't seen done as well in maybe any other movie I've seen. I've heard his next film The Gentleman is supposed to be a return to this crime comedy genre that he did so well and I am excited for it. From what I have seen, his skills as a writer/director are best suited for it. via /r/movies http://bit.ly/2QDaXaN
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts