Even though it is part comedy and plays out satisfying, the more I think about it, Truman Show is one of the most terrifying movies I have ever watched.


Like, seriously, imagine if it wasn't a comedy or rated PG, or hadn't got Jim Carrey as a lead. It would have basically been Westworld.I know it's wonderfully subversive and I love the satirical outlook on celebrity obsession and the media itself but the concept of a real life Truman Show deconstructs the basic foundation of human life.Even his own mother is god damn fake and her only real part of the "storyline" is to make him get babies so that he's indefinitely trapped in this world.Imagine Truman Show being R-Rated, where you have cameras all around every where you go. Like, we would have seen him masturbate or shit like that.The more I think about it the more fucked up and terrifying it does appear to me.What about you? via /r/movies http://bit.ly/2Xyn63j
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts