Who remembers the Tony Scott movie "Spy Game" starring Robert Redford and Brad Pitt?


I saw this in the theater when I was in the USAF stationed in Iceland, and I really thought it was a great movie. In the film, Robert Redford is a CIA agent who is on his last day before retiring, working every angle he can from Washington to help his former protégé (Brad Pitt) escape a Chinese prison after he went in to try and rescue a former asset that he fell in love with. A lot of the movie is flashbacks to Redford recruiting Pitt's character and training him up to be a spy.I really thought it was a cool movie; Redford in particular was great in it considering that a lot of his actions take place in his office. The story is told very cohesively despite there being a lot of flashbacks, and it's got a lot of great tension amidst all the manipulation taking place on Redford's end.I guess it got lukewarm reviews and disappeared from the collective consciousness, but I really liked it and was curious what you all thought about it. via /r/movies http://bit.ly/2V8SKau
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts