Peter Jackson's "King Kong" was well-received at the time it came out yet it has faded within the public's conscience through the years


It sucks because I think King Kong is a good movie. The only issue I have with it is that I thought it was overlong, Adrien Brody was miscast and some characters seemed to get lost mid-movie like Jamie Bell's cabin boy. But other than that, I loved it.It was just a epic, beautiful and adventurous film with a surprising degree of gore but then this is from a filmmaker who started out making these small, little known Horror movies in the 80s so his roots showed. I also loved Naomi Watts who was spunky and glamorous and her chemistry with King Kong was effective. A love story between a giant Gorilla and a woman would seem bizarre and horrific but here it is fairly innocent. I also thought Jack Black was very good. He tones down the comic persona and shows a versatility he rarely got to display. via /r/movies http://bit.ly/2UA0K3X
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts