Godzilla (1998) is kind of ridiculous but damn did they give that movie 110%


I'm not trying to make this some hyperbole argument to why this is an "underrated classic" but during my first rewatch in ten years, it was hard not to like...I can't tell if it misses overall, or just as a "Godzilla" movie. You can tell they were going with a Godzilla that could compete with the Jurassic Park movies at the time (also Alien and Independence Day). It was fun from start to finish and surprised that it actually had a coherent structure. Even if the "worm" correlation and French secret ops mission is off the wall, it worked. The dialogue was cheesy but Broderick, Reno and Azaria embrace it and make it enjoyable.Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but for a movie I still assumed was unwatchable, I had a good time rewatching and think it still makes for a fun " monster" b-movie.Favorite Quotes:"Well don't tell me what it is and tell me what the hell it is!"- "What's with the chewing gum?"- "Makes us look more American."Obligatory Puff Daddy "Come With Me" Music Video and Taco Bell commercial (1998) via /r/movies http://bit.ly/2GcJBDo
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts