Watchmen is an aesthetically pleasing masterpiece and deserved more credit


I watched it again on Netflix last night, after not seeing it for many years. Wow!​I read the graphic novel, and this was a beautiful rendition of it, especially the Rorschach story-line. I thought it showed the darker side of superheroes very well, with the lifestyle choices of The Comedian containing a bunch of thickly grotesque and ironic moral dilemmas.​Even Ozymandias had a very important role, and it fit poetically with Dr. Manhattan's "save humanity by letting is die" plotline. The visual effects and action sequences were stylized and pleasing to watch, and the music (I'm looking at you, Hallelujah scene) was great.​I'm not very well versed with the DC universe, but man, this movie got me. It got questionable reviews, but personally, I thought it deserved a lot more credit. It felt like a surreal trip through a very dark, alternate timeline.​Edit: I said masterpiece, but at the very least it's a solid film. via /r/movies http://bit.ly/2V6N78a
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts