My take on “Bros” horrible box office performance.


I know the media is gonna make it out to be some kinda of homophobic type thing. But honestly the marketing was shit…Billy even has his own self to blame. I was watching YouTube and he was doing his billy on the street promoting the movie, then when he got guys attention he’d says something like “there’s lots of gay sex”U don’t have to be a homophobe to not wanna see that. And from everything I seen promotion wise. It was all about come watch this gay comedy…Why not just promote it as a funny movie, and it features gay guys.But when your whole premise is hey watch my movie it’s gay! Of course you’re not gonna get the best turn out.We’ve come a long way with lgbt rights and how they’re represented and treated. But just because people are more excepting and not as ignorant doesn’t mean they want a movie where the marketing is making it seem like it’s for gays by gays.I’m sure there’s a big chunk of people who feel they aren’t allowed to watch it, because it would somehow be offense for a straight person to view it. I know that sounds crazy but cmon, look at all the shit that’s happened in just the last 2 years alone, never underestimate the stupidity of man kind.Anyways this is just my short take on the failure of this movie. I’ve heard from reviews it’s pretty good. I think the marketing strategy killed this one tho. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/m4pyzlu
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts