1998's Pleasantville deserve a revival of interest and I'm surprised it's not brought up more as a classic that stands the test of time especially when it has one of Tobey Maguire's best performances


I hardly hear anyone talk about this movie and while everyone of course generally associates Tobey Maguire with Spiderman, I think one of his best roles and one of the most underrated movies of the 90s was Pleasantville. What seems like just a quirky 90s comedy actually had this undercurrent of social commentary, real world relevance and heart with great performances by the whole cast and beautiful visuals. And while it did get several Oscar nominations, it didn't win any and seems to be generally forgotten when talking about movies that I think really stand the test of time. I'd highly recommend it to a lot of young people haven't seen or heard of it because I think it deserves a revival by a new generation who will likely still find it relatable. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/k0yuOh4
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts