YouTube recommended a movie to me that I have been trying to find since childhood that I thought was a fever dream. Warriors of Virtue (1997)


The movie was Warriors of Virtue. It's a movie that came out in '97 when I was 10. At a time when there was no comcast and only the TV Guide channel, I'd always see commercials for the movie and wanted to see it so bad, but being a 10 year old I didn't have my own money and couldn't convince my parents to take me to see it because they'd have to endure it as well.As an adult watching it, really corny but in a good way. It's a basic story about a kid who falls into this whirlpool while trying to impress a girl by a dare from his bully. Ends up being transported to this magical world where humans and animal humanoids live in harmony but also fear of this wizard who is trying to gain more power. Theres a book that will allow him to do it but only a special person can read the pages otherwise they're blank. Protecting this knowledge are warriors of virtue, kung-fu kangaroos, based loosely on natural elements (earth, wind, fire, etc) to defend it.It kind of made me depressed a little after watching it because of how original the concept was, and how unoriginal most movies seem nowadays. In any case, absolutely mind fucked that I came across it and wanted to share. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3fbwCDQ
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts