It took a while but I finished the Lord of the Rings trilogy for the first time


Here is how I watched it.LOTR 1 OG version: 2019LOTR 1 Extended: Few months agoLOTR 2 Extended: Last weekLOTR 3 Extended: This previous weekI never read the books but man you guys really weren’t kidding the trilogy is phenomenal. I surprisingly never got spoiled about anything, including Sean Bean’s death which I thought was going to happen in the 2nd movie, ever since it came out which I’m glad. I am glad Ian McKellen got an Oscar nom for his performance. I know Oscars are considered ass but I’m also surprised and happy to see that LOTR 3 won every nomination in their categories including Best Picture which was well deserved.Samwise is honestly one of the best ”brother from another mother” I’ve seen in movies. Pip and Merry were decent in the 1st movie but I loved them both more in the sequels. The ending almost got me a little tears eyed. I was telling myself, “you motherfuckers better not die I swear to God!” when Samwise and Frodo were inside the volcano at the end.Most movie endings I’ve been seeing lately are either dark/depressing or bittersweet. I was glad it ended on a positive happy note as a nice change of pace for myself.Now that I’m done should I watch the Hobbit trilogies next? I heard they aren’t as great but still pretty good.10/10 trilogy via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3AIjwaa
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts