Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is one of the most interesting movies I’ve ever seen.


I recently read the book and decided to watch the movie again and I just fell in love. It is simultaneously hilariously dumb and incredibly profound. Johnny Depp plays Hunter S. Thompson to a tea and Benicio Del Toro is incredibly intense and at times just as funny as some of Depp’s inner monologues. All the cameos in the movie are just plain fun with Gary Busey, Cameron Diaz, Tobey Maguire, Penn Gillette, fucking Flea? But the visuals and the cinematography are where the movie really starts to shine. Terry Gilliam really brings his style to Thompson’s work and it shows. It seems to have its own camera and visual techniques based on each drug they take. This movie is a rollercoaster in all senses of the word, and it doesn’t try to hide it. In fact it embraces it.Tell me, what are your thoughts? Have you completely forgotten about this one until reading this? Or have you been like me, with this movie imprinted in my brain since the first time I saw it? via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3jlvzDi
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts