Doctor Sleep gave a really sad yet true perspective on life and death.


There was a scene in the film that really stood out to me where one of the elders of the True Knot group died (due to old age I think) and when he died the steam (life essence) escaped from his body and like vultures everyone that supposedly loved him up until his death consumed his essence. The scene really sticks out to me even 2 years after the release because it gave a solid reflection and foreshadow of my life. No matter what I do or what happens from now until I reach the end, everything that I did own will just be taken and consumed by someone else. Everyone loves you until the moment you die, which at that point you become a distant memory and they just use up whatever resources you left behind, for better or for worse. When it comes to climate change and the future of Earth, we just consume and consume whatever resources we have left even it eats us to death similar to how the True Knot psychics are consuming the little steam that is left from those with the Shining.I don't know how everyone else feels about the film, but Doctor Sleep is the one horror film that will always stick with me. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3CmBOzh
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts