Finally watched Sicario - Denis Villeneuve is a genius


For whatever reason, I had never found the time to watch Sicario even though I find Denis Villeneuve to be one of the greatest modern directors. I finally got around to it on a snowy day, and I was amazed! Denis seriously makes some of the most beautiful movies out there. The shots of the sky in particular throughout the film had me saying "Are you serious?" a good few times. Under most action-heavy directors, this would have likely been a forgettable over-the-top action flick, but he found a way to make me care about the stories and characters even though we barely learn much about their backstories. Add that to the amazing performances by Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin and Benicio Del Toro. I seriously cannot wait for Dune. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3akr8Fm
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts