Just finished watching PREDATORS (2010). Seen this movie countless times since its release. Now, I finally think this movie is a good worthy entry to the series. (My thoughts inside)


When it initially came out, I didnt like the fact that it was trying to imitate Predator (1987) in a few different ways; the big buff dude with a mini gun, Brodys subtle impression of Arnold, the jungle aspect, even certain musical cues from specifically the first film. However, as both I and this film age, it's grown on me. I like that this overall movie concept is vastly different from anything else in the series; set on a game reserve planet (that beautiful shot of 3 planets seen above the jungles) and the humans must survive from three deadly super lethal and ruthless Predators. I actually feel terror whenever they are being hunted by the predators - these ones are horrifying as hell and rip out spines from people while they're still alive!!!I think the Predators in this movie are terrifying and Brody is cool. His character is mysterious and doesnt reveal much. Sometimes he comes across as an Arnold imitator (at least in my eyes) but Brody gives a good performance.This movie is far superior to The Predator (2018). That film was pure garbage. You don't need to make the threat 'bigger' and bladder with a 20 foot tall alien. PREDATORS pace is perfect and is enjoyable from start to end.What I did find odd is that these Predators somehow had the patience and time to wait for the perfect moment to spring that FBI most wanted convict from prison. Is he really that valuable to hunt? The dude was dropped into the game reserve with no weapons!!! Plus they chose that doctor who kills people - choosing him also made no sense. He was also dropped onto the planet with no weapons.There was definitely heart and soul put into this movie. Would like to see a sequel. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/38HK9RK
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts