I can't remember the last time a movie blew me away as much as District 9 (2009)


I was not expecting the avalanche of emotions that this film inspired in me. Boy, that hit hard. And not just once but again and again. The movie starts out as a sharp mockumentary/satire ala Borat and it excels at that tremendously. I was laughing my ass off at the eviction sequence.But after the first act, the plot takes a somber turn and it is more glorious than I could have even imagined. The final 30 min had me on the edge of my seat and unable to utter a single word due to how awestruck I was.I think the last time I felt this way about a movie was Children of Men (2006) which is another take on a dystopian future.Edit: I also don't want a sequel to this masterpiece because the movie ends on an incredibly poignant note which is perfect as it is. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/36tNaUs
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts