(Troy 2004) How 16 years has drastically changed my perspective on who I believe the hero of the movie is.


In my early 20's, I thought that Achilles was the epitome of a strong, driven, and skilled hero. I saw him as the hero of Troy, a warrior, to look up to. I saw Hector as a fool to face him. Now 16 years later, as a father, I see Hector as the hero. A man who is willing to risk everything to protect his family. Now I see Achilles as the fool, a selfish man with nothing, fighting for glory instead of honor. Hector makes decisions based on the safety of the people around him instead of his own personal safety. He faces Achilles knowing he is outmatched, but he knows he has to try to save the city. He is the true hero of the movie. In my youth, I was impressed by the bravado of Achilles and the "coolness" of Brad Pitts’s portrayal, but later in life, I see Hector's sacrifice and the power of doing the right thing even if it isn’t in your best interest.https://ift.tt/2DkfWef via /r/movies https://ift.tt/3k7MgS4
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts