The Prince of Egypt (1998) Is One of the Greatest Films I've Ever Seen...and I Only First Watched it Today


I've been trying to find the right words since I walked out of the movie theater today and I'm still just awe-struck.My local cinema has been playing older films until they can open to full capacity later this month. Today's showing was Prince of Egypt and my goodness. I want to preface this by saying that I am in no way a religious person. I grew up in a very agnostic family where religion was openly discussed and free to believe in but we never attended church services or read biblical stories and tales. As I've grown older (almost 27), my neutral nature towards Religion has remained very steady. Though I am not moved by religion in real life, The Prince of Egypt moved me today.The combination of incredible animation, powerful music (Deliver Us and The Plagues being the most notable IMO) and a heart breaking story of two brothers who have drifted apart and are driven by their beliefs and experiences, led to one of the most profound film going experiences I've ever had. There just aren't films made today like Prince of Egypt. The animation at first glance gives the film a "family friendly" vibe until the story progresses and God's wrath on Rameses intensifies. The voice acting is for the most part very good as well, with a much more star studded cast than I had anticipated.Overall this is a movie that is going to stick with me for a very long time. I can't believe I never gave this film a chance when I was younger. The theater experience also really enhanced the film for me as well. It's the first time I've stepped into a theater since The Invisible Man released in February and I'm so thankful it was worth every minute.If you haven't seen Prince of Egypt yet, please give it a chance. If you have seen it, what did you think of it? Has it aged well for you? I want to discuss more as there is so much to unpack! Thanks for reading my post! via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2XLsbrd
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts