I can’t stop thinking about Big Fish


I saw it for the first time a few days ago and I’m still thinking about it. It’s one of the greatest achievements in film making and gives us such beautiful messages. Sometimes, it’s ok to bend the truth to give the story an extra sparkle. In the end, we realize that most, if not all, the stories his dad told had some levels of truth to them but he decided to tell them in a way that made people a bit happier. He could have told them he worked at a circus when he was broke and in a new city, but he decided to jazz it up. Could have said that the bank he used went belly up and took his money with it, but decided to tell it in a manner that doesn’t depress the people he is telling it to. Same with going to war, it’s hard to tell a upbeat war story, and that’s exactly what he did.If he told these stories strictly by the truth, it wouldn’t really impact anyone; these stories are so in the past that lying about them doesn’t negatively impact those he tells them to.Anyways, I just really wanted to talk about this movie. I don’t have a great relationship with my dad either and the line, “we don’t ever really talk” really punched me in the gut. I ugly cried at the end like I’m sure a lot of people did. It made me reach out to my dad and just talk with him a little more than I do. I hope you do the same. Is there any movies that are along the same lines? It’s hard to describe it, movies that kind of just have a sense of wonder to them. I’m open to any suggestions, and thank you for reading. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/30ZNnvB
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts