Y'all seen Lake Mungo?


I just watched it after a friend recommended it. I haven't been that unsettled by a movie in a very, very long time.For those that haven't heard of it (I hadn't), it's a documentary-style horror centered on an Australian family reeling from a tragic loss. I'm reluctant to reveal anything else. I went in blind and was blown away.The way it negotiates the inexplicable and the unknown feels so horrifyingly plausible, especially with how it's tied to trauma. It's palpably sad. It feels like you're watching an incredibly intimate family documentary that's interwoven with an extremely sad ghost story.Other pros: a really tight and organically unpredictable plot structure. Extremely naturalistic acting. Great editing. Great music.Also -- does anyone happen to know anything about the director? Hard to find any information on him. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/35NDHor
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts