Mission Impossible 3 is a great example of how you revitalize a franchise without stepping on its history.


I saw MI1+2 and though I enjoyed both movies in somewhat superficial ways (2 is silly americanized John Woo and 1 has some great DePalma moments mixed in), part 3 blew my mind. I saw 3 because I was given free tickets through work, I had no interest in it initially, and I was shocked by how good it was.Abrams and Cruise brought the series to a new level. What was once a somewhat dying, unexciting franchise, suddenly had great character development and exposition.Obviously, Christopher McQuarrie brought the series to a whole new level years later, but I just wanted to say how impressive it is that they took this series to a new place when no one was expecting much from it anymore (my dog wasn’t very interested in my commentary). Abrams gets a lot of shit for his involvement in Star Trek and Star Wars, but this is a pretty clear, non-debatable example of his ability to steer something in the right direction.Also, Hoffman pulls off one of the best villains in cinematic history, let’s be honest. RIP. via /r/movies https://ift.tt/2JUncOu
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts