Se7en's third act is so much more intense with your second viewing because you know what's coming (spoilers)


Just watched Se7en last night with my kid.. It was only my second watch, but his first (I was 14 when it came out and it scared me too much to watch it again lol). Once John Doe showed up at the police station my heart just sank. It was almost hard to breathe. The worst was in the car when Doe starts talking about his master plan because you just know he's serious and it's not just the ramblings of a lunatic. I can't remember the last time a movie gave me such a visceral reaction.Sadly my kid wasn't totally blown away by the ending because knew about the "what's in the box" meme. I tried to cover it up and say that was from a different movie but yeah...that only lasted about 5 minutes. It would've been so cool to see his honest, unspoiled reaction to it.Another great thing about this movie is how there's no real close ups of the victims. A lot of it is just your imagination of how gruesome the murders really are. I have to say Fincher is a god damn genius and I can't wait to watch more of his movies. via /r/movies http://bit.ly/2ReReAT
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts