I'm 34 and just now watched The Iron Giant. What a masterpiece.


I had always been aware of The Iron Giant but never bothered to watch it. I wish I had seen this when I was a kid. It's so well done. The pacing is perfect, the Giant is fascinating and the gut punch towards the end is kind of out of left field.I loved how the film played on a lot of American character stereotypes but not so much that it was gratuitous. The movie is also a terrific blend of comedy and actual serious issues that people dealt with in the 1950s.I didn't fully realize it until the climax of the movie but I had fallen in love with the Giant just like Hogarth had.It was refreshing to watch old school animation again. Man, they really knocked it out of the park with this movie. via /r/movies http://bit.ly/2Sjl30C
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts