Finally watched Venom... Do writers understand what an anti-hero is?


They werent exactly subtle about the fact that this was supposed to be a story about an anti-hero. Brock has a lot of classic heroic characteristics. Now maybe they were referring to the symbiote itself, but either way this didn't strike me as an anti-hero film. Unless we are saying that explicitly killing bad guys is now the sole criteria for anti-heroes, I just had a hard time seeing that point being delivered.Brock was not a bad guy in any way. Outside of one big mistake that betrayed his girlfriend he pretty much rejected all the bad stuff Venom brought with him. He never really embraced any of the violence.I guess I just don't get it. He just never struck me as a morally gray character. Am I missing something?Edit:. Just to be clear,this isn't really a critique of the movie, moreso a critique of the ad campaign via /r/movies http://bit.ly/2CxnreN
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Blog Archive

Recent Posts